Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thrift store goodies!

A quick update, we had some time today to run down to Idaho Falls and go thrifting! We found this awesome sign for our future craft room...

And some fabric for my bedroom do-over. I had the black with the white designs on it from another trip, today we bought the deep red corduroy and I started in on the pillowcases!


I followed the YouTube tutorial by Crafty Gemini, it's so easy to follow! Even with messing up on my cutting initially, I was able to fix the problem and still get a great result. All in all, this pillowcase came in at less than $0.50 and about an hour of labor. :)


While I'm posting the pillowcase, here's the matching chest of drawers. That panel was a broken mirror, I just turned it around and Mod Podged the fabric onto the back of it. I'm planning on matching curtains to finish the look.

 photo yiskahsig.jpg

1 comment: